Wednesday, January 24, 2007

For the locers out there

This one basically goes out to people who have started locing their hair or who maintain their locs by twisting. I'm in the baby loc stage (one month) but I've had locs before and I've been searching for that holy grail of products which would combine good for your hair ingredients and good for my wallet price. After reading I don't know how many websites and forums (yea to www.nappturality.com!) I just decided to go ahead and make my own. Now for all of you non-nappy locers (basically if you don't have kinky, curly hair) I'm not so sure this will work as well for you but as a consolation it doubles up as a good hand lotion.

2Tbs pure shea butter (mine comes straight from Ghana, thank-you grandma:)
2Tbs coconut oil (got from the Dominican Rep. but I hear they sell it at Wal Mart for cheap, in the cooking section)
2Tbs of grapeseed oil
1tsp lanolin oil (adds a nice sheen)
10 drops of essential fragance oil (check out www.chiflow.net they have good ones)
pure aloe vera gel ( I just put as much as I liked)

I melt the shea butter add the oils (don't use an aluminum pot) then mix in with the aloe vera gel. (you can get one of those plastic dispensers from Sally's or recycle from the old products you're not useing anymore)

My review is so far so good, I'm in control and it works out as the least expensive product.
Oh I better do my disclaimer right now. If something happens that you don't like or any other adverse reaction it's not my fault. I'm not a hairdresser just a girl who likes to tinker around because she's obsessed with hair and thought she should share something she knows works for her.

No comments: