Monday, April 30, 2007

The Silver Lining

I tell you, life is interesting. Yesterday the day ended on a note of questions and uncertainty, my euphemism for saying I was tired and frustrated. I guess that voice that keeps telling me to hang in there swung into overdrive and gave me a gift of quality. The day began with the exciting task of cleaning my apartment. I was interrupterd by a phone call from my glazy friend and no that is not a typo. A glazy is a gay lazy, his term not mine. To get into the full meaning would require a whole new article and earning many politically incorrect violations. I digress, he called me to go shopping for an impromptu bbq to be held at my humble abode. The guest list consisted of three: myself, the glazy and Jenn the cocktail alchemist. Once the menu was decided on (grilled veggie burgers, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and brussel sprouts washed down with Jen's sinful sangria) and the provisions bought, I went on a hike up to Mt. Hollywood with Jen. After the hike, we all met at my place and the cooking began. What a joy! To be with friends, cooking, sharing stories, listening to music and lots of laughter. The evening was simple, small and beautiful! We were silly, relaxed, comfortable and honest. Over good home cooked food, we shared our life stories which connected us a little bit more. So while I have no answers tonight to some of the questions still swirling in my brain from last night, that's ok because tonight I was given a day of camraderie and lightness that my soul needed in order to keep on. And whatever tomorrow may bring, I can go to sleep with a smile in my heart. As for that voice... well it's a little bit louder tonight and yes I'm hanging in there.

Peace and Love,
The Criogirl

No comments: