Thursday, May 10, 2007

Los Angeles Fire Department to the Rescue


Yesterday I was up on my roof with my neighbors watching Griffith Park, go up in flames. Phones were ringing as friends and family checked in to make sure I was ok and if I needed to evacuate. Luckily for me, while I had a front row seat to Mother Nature's wrath, I was fine. In fact we were sitting on the rooftop, drinking wine, eating ceviche and running commentry. We have the Los Angeles Fire Department to thank. Thanks to their dedication, long hours and courage we not only had the peace of mind to sit and watch; the zoo, the observatory and carousel were left unharmed and not one home in the hills was destroyed. Thank-you LAFD! And if you want updates or send them a thank-you to their blog (on the Criogirl's link list)

P.S. For those in the Hollywood and Los Feliz area please be patient with the wildlife, they've lost their homes. If you find any injured or burnt animals please call 888-452-7381

Peace and Love,
The Criogirl
Check out my AWM (Awesome Woman of the Month) Colette Sand!

1 comment:

BlogeDiem said...

Not only should we be grateful…those firemen (and women) are beyond awesome and we take for granted all they do…but firemen are HOT! The LAFD especially! It’s not just a stereotype….they really are. Nest time you see one….give ‘em a wink and a thanks!