Saturday, May 19, 2007

Shula & Esther Restaurant, Best Baba Ganoush Ever!!!

This will be short, sweet and to the point. If you love Middle Eastern food, you must run to Shula & Esther Restaurant on Fairfax Ave. I started of by trying their Baba Ganoush and OH MY GOD! I have since tried their lentil rice topped with fried onions (YUM!!), their divine lentil soup and I experienced a culinary miracle. I HATE, HATE, HATE split pea soup. No matter how good the cook is split pea soup disgusts me, correction disgusted the split pea soup at Shula & Esther's is so good I licked the bowl clean and I'm not exaggerating. So here are the details:

Shula & Esther Restaurant
Israeli & Yemenite Foods
519 N. Fairfax Avenue
Los Angeles,CA 90036
Tel. 323 653 9024

Mon. - Fri. 11am to 10pm
Sunday 10am to 10pm


Good Eating!
The Criogirl

Check out my AWM (Awesome Woman of The Month)Colette Sand!

1 comment:

BlogeDiem said...

I've always wanted to try that restaurant...it seems so clandestine to "outsiders." Thank you for the suggestion.

I recently tried a place on Melrose and La Brea (behind Pink's) called Healthy Pita. I was expecting a dry pita with "stuff" on it...but man-o-man. I was in foe a suprise. I think the place is kosher. It tasted really authentic and fresh. The menu is simple with grilled chicken and fish marinated in this amazing middle-eastern marinade served with warm pita and a variety of fresh salads i.e. carrot, bright pickled turnips, persian cucumber, etc. Really simple menu, really fresh...friendly service, too. Bon apretit!