Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunshine & Shenanigans!!!

I'm a year older!!!!!!!!WOHOOOOOO!!!!!(this is where you hear the brass band playing and the city cheering). Yes today commemorates when I decided to venture forth and begin this journey of life. I must say after my past funk earlier this month, June is turning around and promising to be quite a fun month. I guess the sun is beginning to shine through. What happened? To be honest I'm not quite sure. Maybe it was the ridiculous birthday party on Saturday that went on until 7am (my neighbors were lovin' me) or on a more profound level perhaps it was admitting I was in a funk instead of trying to Pollyanna my way out of my emotions and once I said it aloud all of a sudden things weren't so bad. Now I went through my state of having no motivation whatsoever but I guess you need that sometimes to just ground yourself, reflect, take a break from life....hmmm what I did notice is that usually when a lot of things are going wrong right there is me tightly holding on to stuff that I'm just not quite ready to let go of. The funny thing with the whole letting go process is that once that particular attachment is gone, I whine, panic, get upset and inevitably something new fascinating and sometimes even life changing comes along that wouldn't have happened unless said attachment was not let go of. So to the funky, gloomy times while I may not enjoy them, I thank them because it seems like when all hell is breaking loose in life, in come charging the universal commando force of guardian angels whisking you to higher heights be it new opportunities, a new outlook on life or friends who will listen to your whiny ass every single day and with lots of love tell you to get over it. I made it to another year to keep on going and trusting that every minute is going to be an adventure even when I'm scared out of my wits. The sunshine is here and I'm ready for it!

Cheers and Love,
The Criogirl

Check out my AWM(Awesome Woman of the Month) Mia Wasilevich!

No comments: